Uh oh... that sounds like bad news... ;-)

Each machine has only one "error" sound (Some are a series of musical
tones, some a car crash sound, some a breaking glass sound) - Unless,
of course, you have a New World mac, but that would be off-topic for
this list, wouldn't it? ;-)  If that sound occurs, it could be
anything from there being no RAM in the system at all, a bad RAM
module, or more serious logic board troubles.  The sad Mac error
codes are more informative.

Although I don't know the hex codes off hand, I'm sure someone else
here does - if you are getting a sad Mac, post the hex codes and
we'll decode 'em...  Otherwise, this might get you started:
<http://www.graphixmad.plus.com/mac_troubleshooter/sad_mac_errors.html>

Peace,
Drew
--

<http://homepage.mac.com/alk/>
"There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some