on 22/01/03 05:43, David R. at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> If it is an active display it isn't a cs.
>>
>> A cs is a dual scan passive display.
>>

> That's what I'd thought but the front emblem does say it is a cs.  I guess
> it's possible that somebody swapped a c emblem and put in a cs?  The  Proof
> of Repair says it was replaced with a 16/100/1mb Logic Board, VGA and that
> it is a cs also.  When I got my original 5300cs back from the REA, it didn't
> say that was a VGA.
>
> I do know this isn't a ce because it only had a 100mhz processor.

The logic board has no  direct impact on the type of display - maybe they
had no 8mb 512K BRAM logic boards left  ?

> Because the system in question has a real buzzy speaker, so I wanted to swap
> screen units with my other 5300cs, but wasn't sure if I could if there was
> an actual difference in the screens themselves.  (Active vs. Passive Matrix)
> So if I do have one of each, then swapping screens is undoubtedly out of the
> question.

They'll swap and work no problem, if that is what you want to do.

>> greyscale
>>
>> 8 bit passive - cs
>>
>> 16 bit active - C or CE
>
> If it has 1 mb vram, doesn't that mean that it has Active Matrix as in the
> description?  I guess it's possible that somebody swapped emblems.  That or
> I have a frankenstein.

Why ? This was the original machine specs, whose to say what has been
changed and swapped around in the last 7 years or so ?

Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
www.pbfanatic.co.uk