> For all you clever types:
> Purchased a Samtron 76V 17" monitor for my 3400c PB and found it would
> only work on the lowest resolution (640x480) with mirroring  as that was
> the only res refreshing at 60Hz. 800x600 and 1024 etc refreshed at 85Hz.

I don't see where is your problem : put the powerbook to sleep, plug in the
monitor, turn it on, wake up the powerbook and your should have a simulscan
at 800x600. To change th resolution, go to the control strip and you will
have a lot of diferrent choices including 1024x768 at 60Hz. If you don't see
every available resolutions, press the option key while clicking on the
monitor button in the control strip.

Peace,
Mehdi