>  Anyone successful using Apple Telecom software version 3.1.3 phone answering
>portion in OS 8.1?
>
>I'm configuring a Duo 2300c with a 14kbps modem for a friend who has AOL and
>wants to run 5.0. While I'm asking, anyone have a way of speeding up the
>modem any, i.e., 28kbps speed, modem scripts, disabling any feature or
>extension, 3rd-party software, browser versions, etc. Finally, is OS 8.1
>ideal on this Duo; it had 7.5.3 before.

Hey, that would be pretty cool!  Actually, I was (and am) using Apple
Telecom software under OS 8.6 on a 6100 with the Geopod.  I use it
primarily for sending/receiving faxes, but I have used it for
"speaker phone" a few times.  I tried getting it to record once or
twice (how cool would it be to check your telephone messages across
the internet?!  Heck, you can serve them up as QuickTime-handled
files through Personal Web Sharing!) but never put much effort into
it (since I have an actual answering machine).

Anyway, it ought to work, provided the 14.4Kbps modem is a "voice"
modem.  You might also want to check out the documentation for the
Duo Express Modem while also checking out the docs for Apple Telecom.

FWIW, Apple Telecom Software is not supported under OS 8+ (but it
should work fine).

Now to set up my Duo digital picture frame as an answering machine on
the hall table beside the phone... ;-)

Peace,
Drew

--

Author of ClassicStumbler
email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Want to know if your neighbor has Wi-Fi?  Find out with
ClassicStumbler! <http://homepage.mac.com/alk/classicstumbler/>