At 12:12 AM -0500 2/13/2003, Bob Williams wrote:
>I just bought a PowerBook 3400c as a backup to my old iBook. I love it
>except I can't figure out how to plug in a phone line (System Profiler says
>it's got an internal modem). Do I need an adapter or am I missing something
>REALLY obvious?

The RJ-45 connector on the back is for both Ethernet and modem.  The
laptop originally came with an adapter cable that brought out two
connectors.  But you can use it with either without the adapter.
It's best to not use it with a two line phone jack (unless you use a
single line cable, two wires only) as the second line is on the same
pins as one of the Ethernet pairs.  Both can be used simultaneously.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA