Thanks for all the reply on my problem. I ended up calling my provider and
asking them what the problem was and after a good 30 minutes of
troubleshooting it worked. Come to find out it was the cable modem that was
the problem (go figure). For some reason the modem can only read one computer
at a time and any time you add hardware to it or hook up another computer, it
must be unplugged for a minute (to erase it's internal memory) and then
hooked up to the computer when it's off. The reason all the info was showing
up in my TCP/IP when hooked up was because it was using the settings used by
my desktop (that's what the guy said). But now it runs, but the weird thing
is it's the most reliable without any ethernet or driver extensions (it even
helped to remove the PC card extension). But anyway guys, thanks very much
for the info!

   Jake

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote.......>

I have the same card (actually a CCPlus) in a 1400cs (no G3) running OS

9.1.

I have only the Apple Built-In Ethernet and Dayna C&SS Init installed.

I set TCP/IP to Alternate Ethernet and Configuration to DHCP Server.

This using Verizon DSL through a Linksys Router/switch.

Works well.

Ken

Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.