At 4:01 PM -0800 2/15/03, Alan O'Neil wrote:
>Sorry to post again, but I am still not clear on what to do. I just got a
>PB500 battery, which is not seen in my PB 540c. I will go to the Shack this
>week and buy a 9.6v RC battery an use it if I can get a personal
>confirmation that this will in fact work without any logic on the batt
>itself. If it won't, I can try to crack open my dead batt and transfer the
>circuit to my new batt. But will the circuit report the batt to the PB as
>being old and decrepit? I won't be charging the batt through the PB, so
>recharge problems are not an issue.

        This sounds like a REALLY bad idea.  Either get the 500 battery
working, or buy a GOOD one.  Put the battery in the right slot, and run
Intelligent battery recondition (DL from Apple), and that may jolt the
battery to be seen.  There is also software from Lind and another package
called EMMpathy (this is the best, and I'm forwarding you a link for this)
Paul