Well any PowerBook that has PC card slots, a 68040 processor or above,
and MacOS 7.5.3 or above can use the Proxim/Lucent/Agere Orinoco 802.11b
cards.

They come in Silver and Gold - gold has higher encryption thing.

The card used to be called the WaveLAN by Lucent, so if you find one of
those its the same thing.  The same set of drivers will work for any of
the Orinoco or WaveLAN cards from any of the manufacturers, since its
just the same card but kept changing hands for some reason.

Last time I checked at PriceWatch.com they went for $32 plus shipping for
a silver.

Hope that helps.

I just bought one to go on my 190cs.  The cool thing about the card is
that it and it's drivers are 68k compatible.

>Hello everyone,
>
>I know that this has probably been covered before, but here goes: I'd
>like to know what wireless cards would work with my Powerbook 1400.

Lots of hellos from Dan Palka's Quadra 800:
The power to be your best.