>From: Dan Palka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>I doubt it will work with the Newton.
>
>The card is still in production.  Go to http://www.proxim.com/ for more
>information.  Again thats the Orinoco series of cards.
>
>>No, I meant machines produced in the last year or two.  I'd like to use
>>this card with a laptop (Dell PCs running Win2k or WinXP) at work as
>>well as my Powerbook 1400, and maybe my Newton 130.

Yes, to most of the questions. The Orinoco Wavelan Silver works with
any powerbook with a PCMCIA slot: from the 190 up to the TiBook.
Works with OS 7.5 up to Jaguar (OS 10.x needs the Opensource driver:
check out versiontracker to find it).
The card works with most PC portables too. Don't know which OS, but
IIRC Win 95 and up (or down, depending on your perspective).
It's a nice card for shared Mac-PC wireless networks.
It also works with Airport software on, IIRC, G3 and G4 powerbooks;
don't know if anyone's got it to work with non-G3 powerbooks and
Airport software.
Also works as Software Base Station in compatible PB.
Also is rumored to work with Newton (there's a web site detailing
same; do a Google), but, IIRC, only with the Newton 2000 and 2001.
Also, there are alchemistic sites detailing how to flash the Silver
card to turn it into Gold (higher WEP: 128-bit vs 64-bit, IIRC).

All in all, a great card that you can usually find selling in the $40 range.

Chris