Hi everyone,

I'm having another problem with my Powerbook. The [F4], 4, R, F and V keys
have stopped working. Well, almost. If I hold down the key for a long time,
I can sometimes get the keypress to register. However, it doesn't always
register the correct keypress. For example, once when I held down the 4 key,
both 4s and Rs appeared on screen. When I held down the F key I got a load
of Rs and spaces.

Since the affected keys are all in a vertical row, I assume there's a bad
wire or connection in there somewhere, but that's not the only screwy thing
going on. Twice since this problem has appeared, I've left the 'Book running
unattendned for an extended period, and when I came back to it the keyboard
had frozen almost completely - all keys save for Caps Lock, Shift, Ctrl,
Option, Command and Power wouldn't work.
I think this latter problem maybe heat related, both times I left the 'Book
running was to perform disk intensive tasks - transfereing a file to my PC
via serial link and defragging the hard disk. After rebooting the 'Book, the
problem remained, but once I turned it off, left it to sit for a while and
then tried, the keys worked fine. (With the exception of [F4], 4, R, F and V
which have quit entirely.)

I've never opened the 'Book myself. It has been opened by the previous
owner, but it worked fine since I received it some months ago.

Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it? Can it be repaired
reliably? (I plan to sell the 'Book in the near future.)

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Adam.