Hi, everyone. I've been off this list for a while now, but I've got a
question that I thought someone here might be able to help me with. This
would have to be the most helpful and civil list I've ever been on.

Here's the problem:
I have a Yamaha crf1 drive in a Pyro 1394 firwire enclosure, connected to a
clamshell firewire iBook It goes ok & is recognised by Toast Lite.  I  want
to update the firmware in the drive, but the installer for the Yamaha
firewire drive keeps coming up with an error message [file not found; result
code -43]. Does anyone have a good idea about how I can get around this,
short of installing the drive into a friend's pc and installing the firmware
there?

cheers

John