>1 can anybody recommend a good ethernet card or have one for sale
>2 I will need a power supply for the computer- or a good source for one. I
>haven't seen any on ebay in the last couple of days, or on the mac swap list
>3 can I use a compact flash card in a pcmcia card as virtual ram for the
>system
>Thanks in advance
>John

1) The Focus/Lapis internal combination ethernet/video card is pretty
handy.  The video has never worked for me (causes the 5300 to crash).
Actually, these cards can be pretty buggy (mine is), but the ethernet
usually works just fine.  Video is supposed to work flawlessly on
7.5.x, but it got borked after 7.6 I think.  Otherwise, go with the
3com 589 series PC card, as it's dirt cheap.  For wireless, go with
the Orinoco WaveLAN.  If they ever get their drivers working with the
5300, it will be a pretty slick solution (the older drivers DO work
with the 5300, but the new fancy interface ones don't).

- My own question: Has anyone gotten the WaveLAN version 7.x drivers
to work on a 5300 or 1400?  I downloaded the 7.2 version from
<ftp.wavelan.com> which was supposed to fix the bug associated with
the 1400 & 5300, but the software still doesn't recognize my card (an
old school original Lucent brand WaveLAN).

2) I dunno.  Hold out on the swap list or eBay, that's probably your
best bet.  Put up a "Want to Buy (WTB)" on the swap list and I'm sure
you'll get some responses.

3) Yes.

The 5300, if you can live with some quirks, is a FANTASTIC laptop.
Some might call it a road apple, but I love both of mine! :-)

Peace,
Drew

--

Author of ClassicStumbler
email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Want to know if your neighbor has Wi-Fi?  Find out with
ClassicStumbler! <http://homepage.mac.com/alk/classicstumbler/>