>What kind of HD is used in a 100? and what is the biggest?

Short answer, SCSI only, biggest, well not very big.  they are 2.5" SCSI,
there's not enough room for an IDE to SCSI adapter in that 'book so you
can't use an IDE laptopdrive with a SCSI adapter on it (as you can in some
machines).

Realistically the best you might find is an older IBM 540; the blurb below
mentions 1 gb but I think that's referring to powerbook drives in general
of the time of the FAQ; Ive not heard of anything that big in 2.5" SCSI,
and am not sure it was ever made.  They quit making tiny SCSI 2.5" a long
time ago as far as I've ever heard.

The blurb from the PB100 FAQ, located at
<http://www.ouh.nl/open/psl/pb100/> is below.

About your speaking control panel- which OS did you pull it from, check the
system requirements for it, and which OS you have on your 100.  A lot of
things won't work on a 100, that's a vanilla 68000 CPU.   I have 7.5.5 on
my pb100, a pretty stripped down 7.5.5 due to RAM limits, I don't recall
ever trying the voices out on that platform.

HTH.

---------------------
Q: How can I increase the size of my PB100's hard disk?

A: In the short term, one of the data compression programs will increase
the apparent capacity of a hard drive by up to 100%, so a 20 Mb drive looks
like a 30 - 40 Mb one, albeit with a small loss in speed due to the need
for data compression and decompression. However, especially if you want to
use more recent versions of applications packages, you may well need to
increase the real disk size. Various retailers supply HDs for such a
purpose, in capacities up to over 1 GB. However, some drives that will fit
most Powerbooks will not fit the PB100. The reason is that most earlier
Powerbooks used 2.5" SCSI drives. These are now quite rare, with the result
that they are commonly replaced by IDE drives, together with a SCSI-IDE
adapter. In the PB100, the extra size of the adapter means that they won't
fit. So specify when ordering that the drive must fit in a PB100. Note that
the mounting brackets for the Apple 20 Mb differ from the brackets for the
Apple 40 Mb and probably all other hard disks that fit. So if you are about
to replace the original Apple 20 Mb disk, you need to somehow lay your
hands on the correct mounting brackets. For further fitting instructions,