Frank Modica wrote:
>I picked up a Farallon ethermac PC card on ebay to create an ethernet
>network for a pb 1400 through the PCMCIA slot. The 1400 iss a 166 mhz model
>with 56 mb of RAM. I installed the software from the diskette, but when I
>stuck the card into the slot it didn't "bite"; springing back and forth in
>the slot. The card itself is a PCMCIA 2.1 and PC Card standard. When I
>looked at the end of the card and the inside of the PCMCIA slot, they both
>appeared to be female connectors. Did I get the wrong kind of card? I'd
>really like to get this computer on an ethernet network.

Frank, I have exactly the same problem. A card I received from Farallon
displays the same symptoms. It will not stay seated in the PCMCIA slot on
my PB1400c.

The strange part is that another card (exactly the same configuration and
specs), works fine.

Examining both cards I cannot find any obvious defect or difference. I've
asked Farallon for a replacement, but since both the okay card and the
n/g one look (and apparently are) the same, I'm stumped.

In any event, that would appear (at least in my case) to rule out any
problem with the PCMCIA slot - and does indeed point to some anomaly in
the card.