Hi all,

Both my Powerbook 190 and 5300 do this if the battery gets too flat. My method for
fixing it is to turn the system off, plug it into
the mains adapter and then take the battery out. This sometimes leads to it booting
straight away, if not try the power button on
the keyboard. If this still gives no joy, reset it (leaving the battery out all the
while). My 190 then sometimes makes a loud
staticy noise, in which case I leave it off for a while (say half an hour) but plugged
into the mains. This usually seems to work -
I bought my PB 5300cs as dead and just had to do this to it. You can then put the
battery in and it might charge. It may stay flat
though!

Don't know how electrically safe taking the battery out whilst its "charging" is, but
it hasn't zapped me yet!

Josh