>The extensions I have are: (ignoring silly spellings and TM symbols)
>
>Orinoco ASC 84K v7.2
>Orinoco Driver 192K V7.2
>Orinoco Lib 2,256K 7.2
>Orinoco Monitor 12k 7.2
>
>And the control panel
>
>Orinoco 188K 7.2
>
>All part of the 'Agere Orinoco Wireless Network...' package.

Yeah, I've got all those.  Version 7.2, also.  I made sure that the
version 4.x drivers were uninstalled (ran the uninstaller, manually
checked each file, even ResEdited the System suitcases DRVR resource
to make sure).  They definitely aren't installed.  The only thing I
haven't done is delete any prefs file (not even sure if there is one
associated with the software).

>>I've got one of those original Lucent Technologies WaveLAN Silver
>>Turbo 11Mb cards. I don't imagine it should make a difference one
>>way or the other, though... Except that maybe the firmware needs
>>updating.
>>
>>Are you guys using ORiNOCO brand cards?
>
>Mine is one of the Lucent Wavelan cards that OWC or DMS was selling
>a while back; I think it's the same as yours. I was never able to
>get it working with my 540, but it works just fine with my 5300.
>
>But that was on a freshly nuked/re-installed OS 8.6 system.

Well, it's good to hear that you have the same card.  I can't
remember, but I think I got mine for OWC as well.  It was a long time
ago, though...

Hrm...  I've been playing with Extensions Manager to try to make sure
I've got a minimal extension set (to eliminate conflicts).  I'm
pretty sure I've deactivated everything 3rd party and many things
Apple-made.  It didn't make a difference - the card still didn't
show.  I don't really want to do a clean install of the OS (ugh!),
but we'll see.

Thanks for the help, though!
Drew

--

Author of ClassicStumbler
email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Want to know if your neighbor has Wi-Fi?  Find out with
ClassicStumbler! <http://homepage.mac.com/alk/classicstumbler.html>