On 4/4/03 Dan wrote:
>So what I learned is that dark areas are receiving too much juice, or
>perhaps in the case of our mono TFT edge-darkening, where the liquid
>crystals are _more_sensitive_

That's somehow what I think, too. As I said - I'd doesn't seem to be a real
display problem but rather a problem with some other hardware parts of the
Powerbook. But which?
By the way: I've shut down the Powerbook overnight and it tourned out that
just like the b/w display my new color display seems to recreate after a
longer time switched off. But the colored (red/green/blue) horizontal lines
will become more and more very quickly - only minutes after switching on the
PB again.
Well, I believe that if it's a harware problem somewhere on the board I'll
have no chance to get rid of that. :(

>Not a mono TFT PB500, but close enough . . . I've got a _good_ Duo 250
>TFT display I'm going to try on my 2300, which with a previous 280 TFT
>screen had done the darkening corner thing. If the 250 screen now
>suddenly exhibits darkening corners, it'd be a good bet that something on
>the LB is to blame, rather than the display itself. Of course, I'm really
>hoping I've finally gotten a usable mono TFT 'Book!

>I'll report back once I get a chance to do the test.

Looking forward to your results
Kai