on 6/7/03 9:41 PM, Overclocked Mind at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Howdy, all.
>
> I've spent the last three days on eBay in a
> frustrating attempt to pick up a PowerBook 1400. I
> ended up three auctions later with one I didn't catch
> in time, and two that went for insane amounts.

I see them climbing in value again.  I don't think the values are
insane...it's a damn workable and upgradeable book...

> I would like to buy a 1400, either c or cs, 117, 133,
> or 166. This is what it must have:
>
> good physical condition
> at least 32 MB of RAM
> The CD-ROM Drive (the internal of any speed)
> A good battery (2 hours on a charge would be "good")

I've had mine since new and even then the battery barely held on for an
hour.  Once I uopgraded to a g3 copper chip, the battery started holding a
two hour charge.  Be happy with 45 minutes...

> I feel that someone has one of these in a closet
> someplace that they shelved when they got their shiny
> new PowerBook, and would feel better that it had a
> home where it was being put to good use. Now, to find
> them...

You feel this, do you?  ;)