I would like to use my 3400c to capture some live audio but would like to use my
wireless microphone instead of the one provided by Apple.

(My apologies to all you ASCII artists)

Standard 1/8" mini stereo plug

XXXX|====I==Io
grip gnd  L2 L1

Apple's "Elongated-Microphone plug"

XXXX|=====I=====I=o
grip  gnd   L2   L1

At first, I thought the 3400 input could use both the elongated Apple version and the
standard "mini" plug, but have only had success receiving a signal when using Apple's
goofy plug. What is the trick to inputting line audio? Do I need to find the stretch
plugs and make my own (female regular mini) to (male elongated) pigtail? And if so,
where are these plugs? My RadioShack guy shrugged his shoulders.