I use a color Quickcam with my 1400 for video conferencing often. Works as
well under 9.1 as it did under 8.1 and uses the same software. ( I'm using
version 2.0.2, but I also use the Akua Nine11 extension version 1.3, which
may or may not be helping this app work correctly under 9.1 )

The Quickcams are older technology, but their portability  makes them a
great little device. The video doesn't compare to the camcorder that I use
with my main workstation, but try to fit a camcorder in a pouch in a PB
carry case.

David Allen