====================== ORIGINAL MESSAGE ======================

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:35:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeff Hubatka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Is a PB 1400/466 G3 equal to a WS II 255 MHz?

Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:44:49 -0500
From: macnifico Subject: Is a PB 1400/466 G3 equal to a WS II 255 MHz?

Hi!

I have a Wall Street II (PDQ) with a 266 MHz G3 processor.
Will a PB 1400 with the 466 MHz G3 be as fast? Will screen redraw will

be as fast?

Has anyone had real, practical experience with this two configurations?
Best regards.
Hugo Diaz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I had a 1400cs with the 466 card and a Wallstreet 233 with only half the cache of the Sonnet or the WS 266. Both had 2GB drives. For real-world things I did like opening Word or Excel docs, the 1400 was about 1-2 seconds faster. However, the Wallstreet won out due to the bigger screen and expandability. I was able to run OSX (with a bigger HD later) and use USB and FireWire.

--- JSH webmail

Hi!

I know that a newer 'book will almost always beat an older one. I was referring to things like you said, that Word opens a little faster, etc.
Did you notice an improvement on screen redraws, or in how fast a Web page loads? Would the 466 1400 be a little faster than your 233 WS?
Best regards.
Hugo Diaz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--

"The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter is that his name
wasn't Henry Porter"