on 7/20/03 3:32 PM, PowerBooks at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:05:47 -0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dan Palka)
> Subject: Re: 5300cs Hurt Feelings?
>
> I'm having a similar problem with my PowerBook 3400c. Its really making me
> mad because I spent over $400 on the PowerBook,new RAM, 40gb hard drive,
> and a StyleWriter II printer.
>
> However, its not limited to the green light, which does come on sometimes.
> But sometimes I can get it to boot, but it will shut off suddenly if I
> touch the laptop or move it around.
>
> It seems very sensitive to physical touch.
>
> It also doesn't want to start up a lot of times, and a lot of the times the
> stagnent green light is on.

Had the same problem with my 1400. I couldn't pick it up with my left hand
without it just dying. Turned out that the battery contacts on the logic
board had become weak with age. I had to carefully bend them so they put
more pressure on the removable battery contacts. Now the slight chassis flex
doesn't disconnect the battery. I wish all my repairs were this easy!!!

HTH
John