Dan Palka wrote:

Yes that is concerning news that our addresses are posted publicly.

I though my address was pretty spam-proof [EMAIL PROTECTED]

the username is very alphanumeric and the domain is unheard of

[EMAIL PROTECTED] is not a lot more 'spam proof' than [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No matter how obscure your domain name, it still needs to be registered, hence, visible.

Some .com addresses are spam magnets, unfortunately.

I don't know...I've had this e-mail address since 1994, and I'm now getting, on average, 10-15 spams per day, some days more, some days less. (this out of total traffic of 200-400 messages a day to the address...I'm on a bunch of lists, some pretty high traffic)

But:

I don't put this e-mail address into online forms, I don't post to Usenet, (don't even read usenet anymore), do not allow my e-mail to be visible on online forums (in fact rarely post on them), and I have a .edu address. :-/

And I never, EVER reply to the 'Reply here to remove yourself' addresses in Spams.

It tends to cut down on the spam traffic.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona