Well, if you were not properly grounded during all this, then yes, you
probably fried the daughterboard by means of ESD (electro-static discharge).
By properly grounded, I mean using an anti-static wrist strap with one end
connected to the computer.  Placing the RAM card near or on styrofoam or
plastic or paper = ESD.  Working while standing on carpet = ESD.  Working on
carpet = ESD.

The other daughter card and/or RAM cards may also be damaged, in that you
"wounded" them through ESD.  This will show up later on, when they die or
stop functioning properly.

You can find anti-static wrist straps and anti-static work pads (to place
the RAM cards, etc. on while switching parts) at Radio Shack.  It may seem
like a pain to do all this, but it does avoid fried computer parts.

I'm sorry you lost your daughter card.  Fortunately, you can find them on
eBay, but be careful.  If you see one sitting on a rug or carpet -- forget
it.  It's dead.  Look for one that is sitting on an anti-static bag (silver
colored).   This person probably knows about ESD and has taken steps to
protect the card.

DeVaul