Hi

I would like to verify with you fine fellas' & fillies that the ONLY PPC upgrade for the Powerbook 500-series with the L2 cache was the 183mhz upgrade...
I got a feller' in New Jersey trying to tell me that his 167mhz processor upgrade has an L2 cache (which [of course] he is trying to trade to me for my Duo 2300c)...

The only upgrade available that had L2 cache was indeed the 183 MHz and it was 128 Kb. Also it had 24 Mb of RAM soldered on it so that one could 56 Mb of system RAM in total.

The 167 MHz (which I have) does not have L2 cache and has either 0 Mb or 8 Mb of RAM soldered on the daughterboard.

p.s. - their ISN'T/WASN'T a way to ... ADD a L2 cache to a processor, is/was there?!?
Well, like they say - there is always a way! Like the one to fit the G3 into a BlackBird. But I'm sure your guy didn't do it because he would sure brag a bunch if he did.

Regards,
Boris