At 6:54 PM -0400 8/5/2003, Tom and Lisa P wrote:
Until this time I havnt paid much attention to all the wireless questions. Now I kind of regret that.

Are all base stations (and not just apple ones) interchangable ? For example, Netgear is blowing out the older base stations for $30. If I have an appropriate wireless PCMCIA card (apple or orinoco), will they talk to each other ?

They all function similarly but not quite the same. Apple and some others will transfer AppleTalk over the wireless connection. One older model of Netgear will but not a more recent version.

What version of the Netgear router is being closed out (and where)?

Other than apple or orinoco, are there any other wireless cards that will work in a 1400 or 3400 ?

Apple's cards DO NOT work in a 1400 or 3400. They are meant only for later models with the built in antennas.

Orinoco, Lucent, WaveLAN and IIRC, some Skyline cards all look alike and work with the right drivers
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA