I have the 3com 3cxm756 56k pc card modem. Funny thing
is I can get it to work from my 5300, but not from my
3400.  The 3400 is in the shop right now, but as soon
as I get it back I mean to tackle the problem.

Anyways, I was just reading a great site about
wireless for older powerbooks, and that site suggested
using  an emulator like Virtual PC to install firmware
updates for pc cards, even if you plan to use the card
on a mac. I don't have a really new version of Virtual
PC, but I have used it to do things like this.

Do you know offhand if that firmware update covers my
card?