On 6/8/03 12:38 am, "Clark Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 4:00 PM -0500 8/5/2003, Mac Price wrote:
>> I just found the low end mac site and this group after I dug out the 5300cs
>> that I had gotten at a garage sale for cheap and wanted to know if there was
>> anything I could do to upgrade it. From what I've been able to gather, there
>> really isn't much I can do to it other than a larger HD and more memory, is
>> that correct?
>

> Max of 64Mb.  I got the upgrade for mine at www.memoryx.net.
>
> I put a 20Gb drive in mine.  Overkill but it came in handy later for
> when I moved it to a G3.
>
> If you are using an MP3 player or digital camera a flash media to PC
> Card adapter is useful.
>
> You can get network cards for it, either wired or wireless.  On it's
> own, the 5300 isn't worth connecting wirelessly but if you already
> have it and can find the right kind of adapter cheap it doesn't hurt.
>
> You can also put a modem card in it.

After you have maxed out the ram and hdd and got the pcmcia cards you want.
 Send me the plastics and I will cut the apple logo in the rear and spray
the plastics white for you (make it look like a compact ibook) Free of
charge but only to you as I have spare paint from the last one I did. If you
want pics I can send some. Also give me another week or so as my kids are
still suffering from summer colds and I am having a bit of a ruff time
during the day with them. (they can't seem to shake it and the doctor says
just rest them)  NOT POSSIBLE WITH A 2 AND 1 year old THEY JUST WANT TO
PLAY.

Vicki