Gerald:

I had a similar problem a while back. Doing a reset (using the button on the back) fixed it... and of course, I was hooked up then to the AC adapter.

Gary

Gerald R. Homeyer wrote:
Just a simpleminded question for all you 3400 experts. After a moderate period of nonuse (3 mo.) I tried to start up my 3400c powerbook. The battery used was fully charged. No bong, no startup. I frantically looked through my user manual and found instructions to hook it up via the external power supply for a while. I waited half an hour and walla it started. Could it be that the pram battery was discharged and needed recharging for the PB to start?? Thanks for all the forthcoming wisdom.Gerald

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!