It's a great time to chime in with my own 1400 screen problem!

After changing the hard drive out in it I've now got light lines that go
horizontally across the screen when a dialog box is open. If all is hidden,
and the desktop is in full view, there are no lines.

They're hard to describe, maybe a faint light white line that matches the
positioning of the horizontal lines on/in the dialog boxes (top and bottom
edge, any straight horizontal edge inside, etc). It appears that they only
show up when a horizontal line does, no text or anything else.

My 1400cs (no longer have it) used to do this but that was normal for the
dual scan screen. This, however, is not.

If anyone knows what could be wrong and possibly give me some advice, I'd
certainly appreciate it.

I checked to see if I pinched something when taking the drive out but
there's really nothing to pinch. Also, I've reinstalled 9.1 to no avail
thinking maybe some weird software error.

Thanks everyone,

Chris