Can I create VCD backups of my DVDs?  Can I make VCDs from any QuickTime
movie file?

To make VCD backups of DVD's try and OS X software called Forty-two, http://mail.e3ware.com/cboo/kaisakura/fortytwo.html. According to their website, "forty-two v1.6 is the easiest way to convert a DVD into either an AVI movie , a folder of ready to burn bin/cues for VCDs and SVCDs or a ready to burn .iso DVD disk image on Mac OS X.. It is designed to be simple to use, easy to learn and give quality, in sync results. "

Too bad you don't live in Miami. Our user group is presenting a seminar (free to members) on how to create VCD's with menus and chapter breaks on Wednesday. We'll cover Super VCD's as well.

For other software go to http://www.versiontracker.com and search for VCD.
--

Esver Camacho

Gold Coast Macintosh Users Group