In my opinion, prices are what the public will pay. If you are not willing to pay average values, then your desired price is too low.

on 9/2/03 1:30 PM, Beniamino Cenci Goga at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 Where can I find a broken PB 5300ce to see whether I can repair my
 old PB 190 and replace its logic board with that of the 5300ce?

 I am trying on ebay, but prices are too high.
 --
 Beniamino T. Cenci Goga, DVM, PhD
 Università di Perugia

I concur. eBay, though I hate it (and sometimes love it), seems to be a pretty good indicator of what the market value is for certain machines. Of course, the more of the part there is on eBay, the lower the prices. If current 5300ce prices are too high, wait until eBay is saturated with them... (er, not exactly likely, but who knows.)

Also, you will need more than a motherboard to upgrade the 190.
You'll also need a PSU board (the 5300's is modular, whereas the
190's is built into the motherboard).  Depending on your RAM card,
you may also need new RAM - not all 190 RAM works on the 5300 (though
it's a rare module that won't)...

You might try the swap list.  There are some kind hearted listers who
will cut you a deal just to know that their equipment is going to a
grateful Mac user.

Good luck.
Peace,
Drew