Dear list,

I swapped the HD in my PB180c and now I can start up! However, it only
works when the PB is connected via SCSI to a Zip drive which in turn is
connected to my Performa 6400. If I disconnect the SCSI cable, I can
only start from a floppy. Using Disk First aid or the utility does not
let me see my internal disk. However, when running with the SCSI cable
attached I am sure its starting from the internal disk. What could be
the problem?

It seems that I isolated my problem to be caused by the SCSI connector. I must have blown something pulling the cord off while the machine was on. The internal drive starts fine as long as something terminated (like a Zip drive is attached). It just does not start up when there is nothing inside the connector. Does anybody know how the internal SCSI termination of a PB180c works, or where I can find stuff about it? Could it be just a fuse of some sort? Does the PB provide active termination internally?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Christoph