Drew, IIRC you may want to check the extension which loaded right after the Apple Audio Extension (or maybe the one right before). On my Pismo, sometimes it's not been the extension whose icon you see last, but the one that was in process of loading that caused the problem (or else, the extension right before AAE, and it conflicted with AAE).

HTH,

Jim
It seems to have been AAE. Disabling it seems to have stopped those particular errors. Curiously, the problem (with the same OS) doesn't occur on my Wallstreet.

As for my other problems, I think I've nailed it down to a faulty 512MB RAM module. I'll be contacting OWC later to see what can be worked out - it is supposed to have a lifetime warranty...

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>