At 2:08 PM -0400 10/17/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 10/17/03 10:59:01 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
What about the skyline card:

http://www.emicrox.com/eShop/product.aspx?cid=-1&more=1&keywords=proxim+
skyline&pid=875478

  It's not too expensive.  It works with Mac and PC.  Says on the box it
works with the Powerbooks 190, 1400, 2400, 3400, 5300, G3 or G4 running
7.5.5 or higher.  I've got one for my 5300cs.  It works great.

It does work great.

However, I can't get the "signal strength" indicator above about 1/3, even
with the 5300 right next to the access point's antenna.

That's funny, I put one of these in my Wallstreet and it is more sensitive than the Orinoco I had in there. And that is with a USB card installed above it which knocks off about 10 dB in the signal strength indicator. Yesterday I pulled the USB card installed above the Skyline card and with the base about 20' and one wall away it was report -1 dBm which is about as strong as it gets.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA