I just acquired a powerbook 1400cs, my first laptop ever.  It seems to be
working fine, but even with the 250MHz G3 processor in it, it seems awfully
poky slow.  With only 60MB of RAM  Ifigure it's probably a memory issue.  I
read Dan Knight's article on using compact flash cards for virtual memory,
and it seems like a good idea.  When I was pricing things, I ran across an
Epson 340MB PCMCIA hard drive card for about the same as a 128MB compact
flash card and pc-card adapter.  Would the Hard drive card offer the same
benefits as the compact flash?

Also I'm in desperate need of an HDI-30 SCSI system cable (My manual says
apple part #M2538)  Any ideas where I can get one?  There's one on the
swaplist, but the guy only takes paypal.
 --
peace, love, and joy,

Samantha