There is a utility from VST that tests and re-programs the battery (cannot
think of the name at the moment, even though I was using it last night),
also there is the Apple 'smart battery update' there is also a utility by
Lind that does much the same, however I have just been re-building some 5xx
batteries and out of 5 I was playing with 3 had faulty eeprom chips (they
had a stuck bit and would not re-program even in a stand-alone programmer
after removing,) I ended up copying the data from a good chip to brand new
chips and then running the batteries through the VST and Lind utilities, I
am now in the middle of checking them, so far it is looking good.
If you need the utilities then I could e-mail them to you tomorrow or
Monday.
Ben.
NB Battery amnesia (shareware) is useful for testing/deep discharging the
batteries.