Whoa.  Well.  That sucks :(  If you're handy with a soldering iron
you might be able to fix it.  Alternatively if you bought the
identical drive from the LEM swaplist or ebay you could switch
circuit boards from one drive to the other.  This would be good
if you could find the identical drive that had bad sectors. You
could potentially get it for _cheap_ and swap it's board onto
your drive. The key to this is that the drives have to be the
same model number.  Not close (it might work), but the same.

As for the soldering iron solution.  You could (i haven't tried this
yet) get some metal the same diameter as the pin desolder and remove
the existing broken pin, cut new piece of metal to a good workable
length, insert it through the plastic housing thing and resolder
it to the board.  Then cut off any excess.  That should work.
Since I haven't tried it yet, I can't report on my success with
doing it, but in theory, if you're careful, it should work just fine.

-nils