Tom:

I have the same machine but I'm running 9.2.2 with Airport and an Orinoco. Have you
tried something like setting up different locations in Location Manager and then
switching back and forth? I've found that by using Location Manager to switch back and
forth from wired to wireless, it resets fine. That doesn't solve your root
problem--losing the connection in the first place, but it might be a place to begin.

Gary