Calling all experts...

I'm still scratching my head trying to get my Lombard to recognize a 2nd
generation iPod.  I've done the 9.2.2 thing, I'm using iTunes 2.0.4, I used
a friends iMac to make sure the unit was ok, and to check the "enable
firewire" box, my vst pcmcia card does show up on the desktop...I think
I've done everything I've been told by various sources, the iPod has
version 1.3, etc, etc...but to no avail!  Has anyone out there had any
experience with this they could share.  I know it's possible to do, but
it's not happening.  Any help?  Help!

Extremely good karma to whoever could lend a word...I'm really quite
desperate.  Thanks...

Larry