I had a PB145 that I tried to get a new hard drive for about six months ago. If the
drive in there works, think long and hard about making it work. If you need more
read-write storage, there are several old SCSI cartridge type systems that can be had
cheap. This includes Zip, Syquest, or you could use an external hard drive.

The reason I suggest that is my personal experience: the drives are hard to find at
all, let alone at anything approaching a reasonable price. The drive in my 145 had
bad sectors on at least 10% of the drive(320MB). I got lucky when a friend found an
old 80MB in his old stuff bin. It didn't work either. I bought another 320MB drive
off eBay. It would spontaneously lose power and crash.

As far as capacity, the Duo 2300 came with a 1.1GB SCSI hard drive I believe, so they
should be available up to that big. There exist adapters to connect a IDE drive to a
SCSI Powerbook, but I haven't used them. Be prepared to pay through the nose for
anything with a guarantee/warranty, and WAY more for larger drives.

To make a long story short (oops, too late; sorry) if the one you have works, learn
to love it because a new drive will cost several times the value of the PB and
external solutions exist.