Greetings. Can anyone tell me if there exists such a thing as a blank/dummy module bay cover for PowerBook 3400? In other words, if you chose not to insert either the floppy or cd-rom drive modules when using the 3400, but you wanted to cover the empty bay... If so, what is the proper name for such an item, and does anyone have one for sale?

Relatedly, I am seeking follow-up to a recent post, suggesting a battery conservation technique by starting the PowerBook without the cd drive inserted. Could you say more about this? Is the main power drain during start-up? Do the modules still draw power when otherwise in the bay but not in use? Would it be better for battery conservation to have the floppy drive inserted instead of the cd? And then reasoning from there, would it be better for battery conservation just to leave the drive empty, if you don't plan to use the modules at a given time? And if so, my question above about a blank/dummy bay cover...

Thanks,

Gary Daught
Tucson, Arizona
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Now collecting positive Mac-related buyer/seller ratings as "gfdaught"
on HEATWARE.COM <http:www.heatware.com>