Well, I do not know much about the Airport Base Station, but my router will allow me to choose between 64, 128, and 256 bit encryption. You will have to first choose that setting, if the Base Station supports it, then use the shorter WEP key for the 64 bit encryption on the ORINOCO driver. If the Base Station only has an option for 128, then that is the only WEP route you have.

I had the same type of problems you are having when I first tried to enable it, but my fix was trying multiple times. Try to set up another configuration without WEP, then once it is set up, before using it, modify it to use WEP. If it does not work, try setting up another connection, but this type enabling WEP from the start. When you enter the keys, try switching to another key with the radio buttons, and switching right back. Now all of this may not do jack, but play with the settings. For faster responses on whether or not any of this is working, open TCP/IP, have it in the background as you are making the changes where you can see the IP address, Subnet, etc. Whenever you apply the changes, the previous IP address, etc will disappear, then wait and see if you get a valid IP address. If not, change the settings again, or try making another configuration, then watch.

I also did a little closing my eyes and crossing my fingers. May help! Let me know whether you get it to work or not.

Jonathan