Hello,

after reading the various messages on using PCMCIA flash memory as start-up-device on
older PowerBooks on this list and Dan Knight's article on LowEndMac I got curious and
think about using it on my PB 540c (36 MB RAM and OS 7.6.1) as a means to reduce
noise, the PB is just so refreshingly quiet everytime the HD is send to sleep.
In the forementioned article Dan Knight wrote that some users were able to use PCMCIA
flash memory on their PB 540c. What type of adapter and  what type of Memory Cards are
neccessary? I think that 128 MB would be more than enough for OS 7.6.1, MS Word 5.1a
and iCab 2.9.5 68k. Are there any special difficulties formatting the Memory Card?

Thanks!

Daniel