On Monday, February 09, 2004, at 07:13AM, VidaVerde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm thinking of putting a Kanga MB (original G3/250) in my 3400/240.
>I know this will fit, but does anyone know for sure that I can use my
>old 3400 ram card with the new Kanga MB?

On the basis of personal experience, this is not always true.  When I replaced the
logic boards in two PowerBook 3400c with Kanga G3/250 boards a few years ago, the
128-Mb RAM module from one unit worked on the Kanga board, but a 64-Mb module from the
second unit did not work on the Kanga board.  According to technicians at DT&T
Macintosh Services, this was due to some jumper differences.  It was not a big
problem, because I had planned to max out the RAM with a 128-Mb module anyway.