I removed the battery, pulled all cords going to the 1400cs after shutting it off. I got as far as pulling out the keyboard and the power light came on very dimly. It would not go out even after pressing the power switch in the back. I pulled the memory chip loose, removed it and then took out the network expansion card. I removed the four screws holding down the 177mHz processor then inserted the 133 mHz processor module. After re-installing everything back in, I hit the on/off button but nothing happened. I then hit the power button on the back and got the power light on the top right corner of the screen to come on bright again, but no boot. Is there a pram reset switch on the laptops I havn't found yet or something else I'm missing? Also, I'm looking for an operating manual for this, can anyone help?

Thanks, Ed

Only a few 117 and 133 MHz models had the new ROMS required to use the Apple 166 MHz module. I dont know why Apple did this, but it is defintely the ROMs. Read off the numbers on the 2 ROM chips.

Mad Dog