"KG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>I would say it's welcome here. Yes, the Kanga is a G3, but like you said,
>it's basically a 3400 with a G3 added in, and it has little in common with
>the later G3 machines. It doesn't support OS X in any form, doesn't have
>OpenFirmware
<snip>
Kanga sure does have openfirmware, all PCI-based Macs have openfirmware
including the 2400 and 3400. Kanga will run OS X using XPostFacto, though
IIRC there are some 'issues'. Also, the cardcage is fully cardbus
compliant, so Kanga can use FW and USB just as well as can the later G3
'Books.

However, I _do_ agree this is an appropriate place for Kanga discussions,
as KG notes it shares more with the 3400 than with later G3 serie. Hmm,
though come to think of it, the Wallstreet seems to share alot of
3400/Kanga features . . . :-)

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700