Re: elusive cards...

Thanks Drew, I thought it was a little surprising. Could definitely use firewire capability on my 1400, but vapor doesn't cut it.

On Feb 22, 2004, at 5:32 PM, Andrew Kershaw wrote:

IBM made a 16-bit FireWire card. No one makes (or made) a 16-bit USB card.

Wait a minute... so are you meaning one CAN use firewire cards on a 1400????

Hmm, these cards (the supposed 16-bit FireWire card from IBM) have always been vapor to me. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's just bunk. The only references I've seen to FireWire cards from IBM are refs to either PCI or CardBus cards.

So, no, you still can't do FireWire on a 1400.

I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong, however, if someone can come up with real evidence of such a card.

Peace,
Drew