On Wednesday, February 25, 2004, at 02:43 PM, Gary F. Daught wrote:

Greetings. Not withstanding all the good advice and caution re: ADB periphs on a PowerBook, this is not the problem in my case. I plugged the mouse in BEFORE start-up, mouse tracking on Mouse Control Panel is set to fastest, etc., but it still feels sluggish. I know that's a subjective impression, but there you go. All my other Macs are USB, so I don't have "Apples" and "Apples" to compare, just my recollection...

Nor is it the possibly "defective" product run as another has suggested. Guess I'll just live with it, or go back to the trackpad.

I don't think you ever said, but how heavy/dense does the ball feel when you have it out? If it feels like it's made of cork, there's your problem.

A second thing... I know you said you cleaned the rollers, but I've had a hair get wrapped around one end of a roller and it can be hard to see.

The third thing... I forget the details, but I seem to recall some shareware thing that would increase/double the mouse acceleration curve. In fact, I think there's a way to go into the Mouse Control Panel w/ ResEdit and diddle the acceleration too, but that's lost in the dim mists of history for me.

4th thing... w/ a 3400, why not just get a USB card and use a nice, new USB mouse? (besides the fact that'll cost $$ for a function that the machine ought to be doing naturally)...

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel ([EMAIL PROTECTED])