I have a 540c. I tried to use a lacie fm radio that plugs
into the audio in and the ADB port. When I access the radio
through the software, it plays real choppy and seemingly
delayed (I simultaneously had my stereo on the same station
and the PB was delayed).

Does anyone know why this happens? The lacie works fine on
my PM 7500, so I know it is not the FM.

I was wondering if the fact that the lacie obtains power
from the adb and if it was not substantial, this could cause
the choppy sound. Any ideas? I am running off the brick and
not batteries.

Hey, the same thing happens to me!!! I don't think it's related to the ADB power (I seem to recall it functioning fine with headphones instead of passing the audio through the Mac). I think this is because of the Singer sound ASIC that is used in the later model 68k PowerBooks and 1st generation PPC PowerBooks.

Ever notice that the 5300 supports a weird sampling rate? It's not the 44.1 kHz that is standard for digital audio, but some weird multiple based off a bus frequency somewhere. This sample rate was formerly standard on 68k Macs, but was changed on AV Macs and PowerMacs, IIRC.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Peace,
Drew

--